‘Rose tinted spectacles cookies’
This recipie is a variation on Dream cookies, a recipie I found in an old WI cookery book. Perfect for when you’re feeling a little blue and need comfort food!
5oz plain flour
4oz soft unsalted butter
3oz caster sugar
1/2tsp baking powder
1-2 drops of rosewater
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180c/350f
- Cream the butter and sugar (I do all of this in the food processor).
- Mix the flour and baking powder and add to the butter and sugar and blend.
- Add the rosewater – blend – it should form a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls (I usually make 12) and place on a greased baking tray
- Cook for 15 – 20mins or until they are pale golden
- Serve with a pot of tea, pyjamas and a boxset of Friends – you’ll be feeling better in no time!
And to get you feeling rosy here’s a fabulous treasury from Vintage by Rachel
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTYwNTg4Mzh8ODE1MDYzMTIy/the-little-girl-in-the-roses-garden featuring ‘Love me do’ by Ginger Tea
With gems like these beautiful stud earrings it’s the perfect place to find unique, romantic jewelry.
Also in treasury news today and still on an edible theme – check out Mint Julep by Buns and Balls
featuring this wonderful piece by vclinde it should put a spring in your step!
Click to see the full treasury
Also try Coco by Ginger Tea – inspired by Chanel and the necklace shown below by Miss Rosy – click on the picture to see the rest of the treasury.