Well it’s recipie time again and this one’s for all you lovers of sweet things and sparkle!
Elderflower and White Chocolate Queen Cakes
These work equally well with dark chocolate if you prefer a less sweet taste, also try using different cordials – just avoid squashes/juice drinks.
4oz self raising flour (try a specialist sponge flour)
4oz caster sugar
2 large eggs
white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190c/gas mark 5. Prepare a cupcake/muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth using a wooden spoon.
- Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl. Add the cordial (about 2 capfuls depending on personal taste) to the eggs and beat in.
- Add the egg/cordial to the butter and sugar mixture bit by bit, beating thoroughly.
- Once all the egg has been added fold in the flour using a metal spoon. Add the chocolate chips again the amount added depends on your taste.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases (the mixture should make 12) and bake for 15 mins in the centre of the oven. (they should be golden and cooked through – insert a skewer to check and if it comes out clean you’re good to go!)
These are very moist and slightly sticky cakes but the cordial gives them a lovely sparkle and they’re deliciously sweet!